In this episode, we respond to Peter’s question: What do we not put into our archives?
Here are a few links for stuff we discussed in the video.
- Christian’s inspiration for note meta-categories back in the day made him include diary entries. Now they’re out.
- The first post about the method itself.
- Sascha showed a branching model of note identifiers in his demo; read more about Zettel note identifiers.
- Luhmann’s article about communication with a Zettelkasten and Luhmann’s own Zettelkasten inspired Sascha to start his archive with the first note being about the Zettelkasten itself.
- Sascha’s argument versus Folgezettel (note sequences) as a foundational principle of the Zettelkasten Method.
- Confer Sascha’s post about Johannes Schmidt’s analysis of Luhmann’s Zettelkasten and its heavy use of hubs.
Shoot questions at us here, below the video, or e-mail for the next episode. We’ll be on air again in January. Watch this space for an announcement.